Ray Bourque Service ScholarshipShareThis
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria
- Senior member, who is in good standing, of the AFJROTC or CAP.
- Be a graduating senior attending any high school.
- Be recommended by a guidance counselor, principal, JR ROTC or CAP instructor, teacher or coach.
- Have applied to the Registrar of an institution of higher learning.
- Have a 2.5 grade point average or better with records showing college-level abilities and preparation.
- Financial need will also be a consideration.
- Complete scholarship application (pages 4 through 7) in accordance with the application procedures listed below.
- Understand, with exceptions noted in Policy Letter (page 3, item 7), accepting this scholarship does not preclude the recipient from receiving other scholarships.
- Complete pages 4 through 7 of this application
- Forward to guidance counselor so they may complete the Student Data Information Form and print a copy of your high school transcripts.
- Include a letter of recommendation from one of the individuals listed in number 3 of the criteria section.
- Mail completed application packages no later than 1st of April to:
Air Commando Association
P.O. Box 7
Mary Esther, FL 32569
Judging will be by an impartial committee of at least three individuals working independently. This committee will include three Senior Enlisted (retired or active duty) members of the Air Commando Association who are not personally related to any of the applicants.
Judges will base their selections on the applications submitted. Applicant’s name, race, and sex will not appear on any portion of the application seen by the judges.
The scholarship recipient will be selected by 1 May and based on:
• Verification of eligibility.
• Application completed in full.
• Scholastic achievement (ACT or SAT scores, grade point average, academic courses, etc.).
• Financial need.
• Extracurricular activities and interests (honors and awards, school and community involvement, JROTC, CAP, outside employment). Consideration will be given for number of high schools attended when there was limited opportunity to participate in activities due to frequent school transfer.
• Judges’ overall evaluation of the application data.
Note: This Policy Letter is to be retained by the Applicant.
Congratulations to the past recipients of the Ray Bourque Scholarship:
2016 - V. Elio of Florida
2015 - R. Bowlen of Pennsylvania
2014 - J. Campbell of Pennsylvania
2013 - J. Longley of Pennsylvania
2012 - K. Wyer of Florida