Lt. Col Dave Krebs High Flight ScholarshipShareThis
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria
- A senior member who is in good standing in the AFJROTC or CAP.
- Be a graduating senior attending any high school.
- Be recommended by a guidance counselor, principal, JR ROTC, or CAP instructor, teacher or coach.
- Have applied to the Registrar of an institution of higher learning.
- Have a 2.5 grade point average or better with records showing college-level abilities and preparation.
- Financial need will also be a consideration.
- Complete Scholarship Application (pages 4 through 7) in accordance with the application procedures listed below.
- Understand, with exceptions noted in Policy Letter (page 3, item 7), accepting this scholarship does not preclude the recipient from receiving other scholarships.
- Complete pages 4 through 7 of the application.
- Forward to guidance counselor so they may complete the Student Data Information Form and print a copy of your high school transcripts.
- Include a letter of recommendation from one of the individuals listed in number 3 of the criteria section.
- Mail completed application packages no later than March 15th to:
Air Commando Association
P.O. Box 7
Mary Esther, FL 32569
Judging will be by an impartial committee of at least three Officers (retired or active duty) ACA members who have no personal relationship with the applicants.
Judges will base their selections on the applications submitted. Applicant’s name, race, and sex will not appear on any portion of the application seen by the judges.
The scholarship recipient will be selected by 15 April of each year based on:
- Verification of eligibility.
- Application completed in full.
- Scholastic achievement (ACT or SAT scores, grade point average, academic courses, etc.).
- Financial need.
- Extracurricular activities and interests (honors and awards, school and community involvement, JROTC, outside employment). Consideration will be given for number of high schools attended when there was limited opportunity to participate in activities due to frequent school transfer.
- Judges’ overall evaluation of the application data.
Note: The Policy Letter is to be retained by the Applicant.
Congratulations to the past recipients of the of the High Flight Scholarship:
2016 - B. Bennett of Florida
2015 - B. O'Neal of Florida
2014 - M. Faulk of Georgia
2013 - S. Fletcher of Florida
2012 - G. Doris of Georgia