Air Commando Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
The Air Commando HoF Program is administered with the following guidelines established by the ACA Board of Directors.
The ACA President, with approval of the Board of Directors, appoints the ACA Hall of Fame Committee. The Committee will have a minimum of five and no more than seven members. All committee members must be members of the ACA. At least one committee member must also be a member of the Hall of Fame.
Requests for nominations will be published in the June newsletter and posted on the ACA website. Nominations may be accepted at any time, but no later than 31 July of the year to be considered. Nominations received after the deadline will be retained for the following year’s selection process. Nominations that are incomplete or do not meet the criteria will be returned with an appropriate letter. The Committee will review nominations and finalize their selection in sufficient time to present their recommendations to the ACA Board of Directors at their August meeting. Once approved by the Board of Directors, the ACA President will then send a letter to the selectee’s as soon as possible to provide sufficient time for the inductees to plan for their attendance at the October reunion where the formal presentation will be made. All nominators will be notified accordingly.
- All nominees must be eligible for membership in the Air Commando Association.
- Nominees must have been assigned or attached, for no less than three years, to an Air Force Special Operations unit.
- No nominee shall be selected based upon a single circumstance of bravery or heroics. This restriction does not apply to those who have been awarded a Medal of Honor.
- Nominees shall have served honorably while on active duty and in civilian life.
- The justification for the nominee shall clearly reflect SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE BETTERMENT OF AIR COMMANDOS OR AIR FORCE SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES.
NOMINATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS: Click Here For Nomination Form (Form is for guidance and is NOT required).
- Anyone may nominate an Air Commando who meets the eligibility criteria for selection to the Hall of Fame.
- Self-initiated nominations will not be accepted.
- Nomination package will include:
a. Verifiable and detailed information about the nominee and complete justification for the selection.
b. A copy of the DD-214 or equivalent documentation to verify service, awards, decorations, POW status and/or other significant achievements. IT IS INCUMBENT ON THE NOMINATOR TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE.
c. A detailed and comprehensive citation suitable for presentation at the induction ceremony. No more than 275 words.
d. Photo of the nominee, if available.
e. Names, addresses and phone numbers of two professional references.
f. Nomination packages must be signed by the originator and will include contact information (address and phone number required) for both the nominator and the nominee.
4. Nomination packages will be sent to the AC HOF Committee, P.O. Box 7, Mary Esther, FL 32569 or electronically to email@example.com. All packages must be received by 31 July of each year.
- The HoF Committee will process and validate the nomination packages and return to the originator those that do not meet both the eligibility criteria and the nomination procedures and requirements criteria. The Chairman of the Hall of Fame committee will provide a letter of explanation to the originator.
- The HoF Committee will only recommend those individuals who meet the basic criteria and have made significant individual and unique contributions to Air Force Special Operations.
- The HoF Committee Chairman and/or the Secretary will present the list of recommended nominees for induction to the ACA Board of Directors for their approval.
- The HoF Committee will not recommend more than five nominations for selection to the Hall of Fame in any given year.
- The ACA Board of Directors will provide final approval of the selectees.
- The selectees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the annual reunion, normally at the banquet.
- A certificate and special name tag will be presented during the induction.
- A brass name plate will be mounted on the Hall of Fame memorial display maintained in the ACA building.
Col, USAF (Ret.)
President, Air Commando Association