Air Commando Hall of Fame Nomination and Selection Process
Nomination packages may be sent electronically (preferred) to email@example.com or mailed to the ACA HoF Committee, P.O. Box 7, Mary Esther, FL 32569. All packages must be received by 31 July of each year. Program is administered with the following guidelines established by the ACA Board of Directors. The ACA President, with approval of the Board of Directors, appoints the ACA Hall of Fame Committee. The Committee will have a minimum of five and no more than seven members. All committee members must be members of the ACA. A majority of the committee members must be in the Hall of Fame.
Nominations will be requested annually. Nominations may be accepted at any time, but no later than 31 July of the year to be considered. Nominations received after the deadline will be retained for the following year’s selection process. Nominations that are incomplete or do not meet the criteria will be returned with an appropriate letter. The Committee will review nominations and finalize their selection in sufficient time to present their recommendations to the ACA Board of Directors at their August meeting. Once approved by the Board of Directors, the ACA President/Chairman will then send a letter to the selectees as soon as possible to provide sufficient time for them to plan their attendance at the October convention where the formal presentation will be made. All nominators will be notified accordingly. The Chairman of the Voting Committee will notify the nominator of those packages not selected.
- All nominees must be eligible for membership in the Air Commando Association.
- Nominees must have been assigned or attached to an Air Force Special Operations unit for no less than three years.
- No nominee shall be selected based upon a single circumstance of bravery or heroics. This restriction does not apply to those who have been awarded a Medal of Honor.
- Nominees shall have served honorably while on active duty and in civilian life.
- Be retired or separated for at least three years prior to 1 August of the year being nominated.
- The justification for the nominee shall clearly reflect SIGNIFICANT contributions to the betterment of Air Force Special Operations Forces.
NOMINATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS: Click Here For Nomination Form (Form is required).
- Anyone may nominate an Air Commando who meets the eligibility criteria for selection into the Hall of Fame. To avoid any perception of unfairness, those serving on the HoF Committee are not allowed to submit a nominee or be listed as a reference.
- Self-initiated nominations will not be accepted.
- Packages cannot be submitted more than three consecutive years.
- Nomination package will include:
a. The Nomination Form with verifiable and detailed information about the nominee and complete justification for the selection.
b. A narrative of three pages or less in the format designated on the Nomination Form.
c. A detailed and comprehensive citation suitable for presentation at the induction ceremony. No more than 275 words in the format designated on the Nomination Form.
d. A copy of the DD-214 or equivalent documentation to verify service, awards, decorations, POW status and/or other significant achievements. Please “Black out” the person’s Social Security number from the DD Form 214 before sending. It is incumbent on the nominator to verify the accuracy and credibility of the information provided to the HoF committee.
e. One photo of the nominee is highly encouraged, if available. High resolution 8”X10” is desirable.
f. Names of two additional references, with their mailing and email addresses and phone number(s).
g. Nomination packages will include contact information (mailing and email addresses and phone number required) for both the nominator and the nominee.
ACA PRESIDENT/CEO'S GUIDANCE AND AIR COMMANDO HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE ROSTER
1. ACA President/CEO's Guidance to the Air Commando Hall of Fame Committee Members
Click here for link to Adobe PDF
2. 2018 Roster of Air Commando Hall of Fame Committee Members:
Member Tom Bradley
Member Rick Crutchfield
Member Bill Turner
Member John Alvarez
Member Bruce Brandewie
Member Al Greenup
Secretary Mike Ramos
Chairman Norm Brozenick
SUMMARY OF SELECTION PROCEDURES
- The HoF Committee will process and validate the nomination packages. The HoF Committee Chairman will provide a letter of explanation to the originator of those not meeting the eligibility, nomination, or requirements criteria.
- The HoF Committee will only recommend those individuals who meet the basic criteria and have made significant individual and unique contributions to Air Force Special Operations.
- The HoF Committee Chairman and/or the Secretary will present the list of recommended nominees to the ACA Board of Directors who has final approval.
- The HoF Committee will not recommend more than five nominations for selection into the Hall of Fame in any given year.
- The selectees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the annual convention banquet.
- A plaque embossed with the nominee’s citation and special name tag will be presented during the induction.
- A brass name plate will be mounted on the Hall of Fame memorial display maintained in the ACA building.
Col, USAF (Ret.)
President, Air Commando Association