A message from the President:
I would like to take a minute to thank you for your service to this country and your continued support to Air Commandos through this association. As an association, we are always looking for ways to give back to our members -- you are very important to us! We have recently had the pleasure of forwarding several job openings to our members, in hopes these openings would turn into good opportunities for transitioning Air Commandos. Over recent months, the requests to solicit job opportunities has greatly increased, SO we have decided to create a "Job Listings" page on our site, for your convenience. Some of you know the challenges that come with moving into your "second life" -- for those of you who don't, we hope our new web page will be useful tool during your transition. We will do our best to keep these listings as current as possible, so visit our website periodically.
If you or your company has a job opportunity you would like advertised to Air Commandos, please email us at email@example.com.
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2017
Available Positions with Hoplite Group:
• Current Operations: Squadron Level
• Standardization and Evaluation: Squadron Level
• Admin Specialist: Squadron Level
Where: Duke Field, Florida
The Hoplite Group (HG), LLC is a veteran owned small business, led by former Air Commandos and Joint Special Operators. Our services include remote area flight support operations, aviation threat analysis and site threat assessments, facilitation of mining projects, local partner vePng, host government relations, key leader engagement, branding, corporate social responsibility, monitoring/evaluation, and hiring/management of local nationals. Our team leverages a core team of regional and country specialists with several decades of geo-political and business expertise, as well as a robust network of national, regional, and local-level contacts, to deliver unique analysis and
bespoke corporate support services.
Overseas, we create sustainable and innovative solutions to complex problems and in the most challenging environments and harshest conditions. Stateside, we help develop the best possible contracting solutions in support of the Special Operations community, with emphasis on the Air Force Special Operations Command.
Requires AFSOC/SOF experience and active secret security clearance
Interested applicants, please forward CV/resume to info@TheHopliteGroup.com
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2017
Position: WRITER TECHNICAL III
Company: R4 Integration
Functional Responsibility: Develop, write and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, operation and maintenance technical/instruction manuals, catalogs, training materials, and other technical publications. Review journals, reports and similar material to establish a background in product or process terminology. Review manufacturers' and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, testing and service of equipment. Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and details. Organize material and perform writing assignments according to specifications regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology. Write technical descriptions using knowledge of material standards, industrial processes and operating procedures. Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content. Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams or charts to illustrate materials or sequences. Edit material for spelling, grammar, syntax, capitalization, consistency, format and conformance to specifications. Ensure document format, performance, physical characteristics and testing requirements meet contract specifications. Prepare location art, schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, and breakout sketches of designed assemblies and subassemblies for input to graphic designers or illustrators. Maintain records and files of work and revisions. Arrange and coordinate graphics, typing, duplication and distribution of prepared material. Interpret engineering drawings from Level I to Level III. Interpret wiring and schematic diagrams from block diagrams through detailed diagrams. Understand basic AC and DC circuit theory. Understand aircraft weight and balance information. Read/interpret three-dimensional orthographic and isometric projectional views of equipment, parts, and assemblies to understand function, relationship, and assembly/disassembly sequence. Proficiency in current version of FrameMaker is required. Experience in MS Word, Adobe DC and Electronic Technical Manual System (IETMs) is also desired. Travel for temporary duty assignments of varying durations as required in support meetings, prototype, validation/certification, verification, etc. Overnight travel or weekend travel may be required. Individual may be required working second or third shift. Physical exertion sometimes required, i.e. climbing ladders, climbing in and on aircraft and other vehicles, etc. May be required to work extended hours or weekends.
Education/Experience Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is desired. Eight (8) years of relevant work experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military and commercial systems and equipment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is desired. Experience should demonstrate the ability to meet the duties described above. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
Contact: Hollis Tompkins, Director, Program Management
R4 Integration, Inc. 45 Beal Parkway NE, Fort Walton Bch., FL 32548
850.226.6913, Ext 1204 (office)
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2017
Rally Point Management is seeking someone to provide instructional services to include platform, field instruction and simulation exercises that replicate live training events or scenarios in accordance with the Programs of Instruction at FE Warren, AFB, WY.
• Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) or Forward Air Controller (Airborne) (FAC-A) CAS & JTAC program management (evaluator) qualified experience
• USAF Air Liaison Officer (ALO) or USMC Air Officer (AO) experience.
• Experience in CAS (rotary-wing preferred).
• Operations analysis with experience working close air support.
• Minimum security clearance of SECRET. TOP SECRET desired.
• Air Support Operations Center (ASOC) and CAS experience is desired.
Close Air Support SME:
• The Contractor shall provide assistance to the 582 HG staff to plan and execute Joint CAS (CAS, higher headquarters HHQ, and other air-ground integration exercises as required.)
• The Contractor teams shall provide constructive Close Air Support (CAS) control as needed in training.
• Provide instructional services to include platform, field instruction and simulation exercises that replicate live training events or scenarios in accordance with JFO or TACP Programs of Instruction (POI).
• Provide technical support in the sustainment of course curricula through POI and Scenario Management.
• Instructional systems design (ISD) experience desired.
• Courseware and syllabi development experience.
• Minimum 2 years CAS qualified or certified experience (rotary-wing preferred) (Close Combat Attack (CCA), Army Aviation Attack Procedures (AAAP), Emergency CAS (E-CAS), and contractor provided training do not meet this criteria)
• Graduate of service weapons and tactics instructor course (USAFWS, WTI) desired.
• Minimum security clearance of SECRET.
Both positions are located at FE Warren, AFB, WY.
Contact Dave Litkenhus at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (850) 226-7589.
These are great jobs for any separating or retiring JTAC or ALO who is interested in relocating to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2017
***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK AWARD***
Date Posted: 1 August 2017
PC-12 NG Instructor Pilot
Responsible for academic platform instruction, simulator instruction and flight instruction for Spanish-speaking, partner nation trainees. Delivers academic instruction in a classroom environment with or without interpreter support. Prepares daily discussions, plans, charts and other supporting documation. Prepares daily briefings/debriefings and prepares weekly academic and flying schedules if required. Conducts pre-mission preparations to include performance planning, TOLD, weather/notams review, risk assessment, contingency planning and pre-flight inspection. Instructs partner nation fixed-wing instructor pilots in all facets of the Intel, Surveillence and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission. Maintains basic aircraft, IFR and Night Vision Goggle currency in accordance with FAA reguirements. Receives evaluations from AETC/A3Q Standardization Pilots as required. Administers USAF Form 8 evaluations as required on behalf of USAF/AETC. Maintains Class II Medical Certification. Prepares periodic status reports, end-of-course exams and graduation documentation IAW specified customer format. Spanish Language preferred, but not required.
Required Skills: - Must be qualified in the PC-12/45 or PC-12/47(NG) series aircraft
- Must meet recency of experience requirements (Min 90 hours in Airplane category within the preceeding 180 days)
- Spanish Language (speaking/writing) is beneficial, but not required.
- Must possess a FAA Commercial Instrument Airplane Rating
- Must possess a FAA Airplane Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Rating
- Must possess a Class I or II FAA Medical Certification
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must posess a SECRET security clearance or be able to qualify for an interim SECRET clearance.
- Must be former US military Instructor pilot with minimum 10 years aviation experience.
- Former U-28 Qualification highly desirable.
- Must have extensive experience in ISR, Joint Fires and Multi-sensor tactical employment.
Contact for this job is Mr. John Totty: 505-948-0886