EUCOM Theater for SOF (ETSOF) InstructorShareThis
Position Title: EUCOM Theater for SOF (ETSOF) Instructor
Employer: MacAulay-Brown, Inc
Location: USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, FL
Job Description: ETSOF is a regional expertise course that focuses on the US strategic interests in the Europe as outlined in the March 8, 2018 Posture Statement by United States European Command. The ETSOF instructor works for the USAFSOS Theater Engagement Department. Duties include: Plan and execute one week-long indoctrination, continuing education, pre-deployment education, and issues-based instruction for SOF and SOF enabler students to cultivate region-specific knowledge of the EUCOM Theater of operations; Maintain current knowledge of which AFSOC units are deploying to the EUCOM AOR, and maintain knowledge of the missions of the pertinent units through active liaison; Produce lesson plans geared towards those missions and the political/military challenges; Instruct students and selects appropriate guest speakers to deliver instruction, as necessary to best meet the student need; Develop curriculum materials necessary to facilitate on-line/blended learning; Ensure course conduct is in compliance with USAF Instructional Systems Development (ISD) guidelines; Manage the curriculum development/review process to ensure course meets or exceeds the needs of SOF customers
- Master’s degree with at least 18 under-graduate semester credit hours and 24 graduate semester hours directly related to the target region in foreign policy, international relations, political science, foreign area studies, history, sociology, or other related academic discipline to be approved by the Government.
- 2 years of experience teaching regional studies to military audiences in a manner that is student focused.
- Developed curricula and teaching materials related to the target region for courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- 4 years (to include at least 3 months within the last 2 years) of experience living in the target region on the local economy engaged in work or studies.
- SECRET security clearance
- Knowledge of a foreign language is not required but it will be considered preferable if it enables the instructor to use authentic materials written in the target language
Point of Contact: JD Rudman