The Foundation is very agile and can literally react at a moment’s notice. The Foundation is considered by the USSOCOM Care Coalition as the face of AFSOC for benevolent needs. In that role, the Care Coalition comes to ACA first when there is a need.
Assistance comes in many forms, here are a few, but not all of the examples of the support we provide to Air Commandos. With your donations we help with emergency travel, relocation expenses, medical expenses, memorials, and rehabilitation programs.
Every dollar you give, gives back.
- TSgt Guiterrez, an Air Force Cross recipient, needed additional financial assistance for his recovery at Andrews Institute that the government could not fund
- Female SSgt at AFSOC HQ had stage four cervical cancer. Care Coalition asked if we would assist in funding a trip for her and her two young children to Disney World to “build some memories” as the single mom’s prognosis was 12-18 months. We purchased the tickets and provided additional funds for the family to enjoy the trip
- Young female airman at Cannon was injured while deployed and suffered from a very painful hip problem. Doctors prescribed a new treatment not available in the Clovis, NM area and not authorized by Tricare. We provided funds for her to receive treatment in Lubbock, TX
- Assisted in securing a service dog for a retired air commando suffering from PTSD
- Supported a widow and six children of an active duty special operator, who was tragically killed in a training accident, with $5,000 for immediate needs
- Provided moving support to a severely wounded Air Commando and his family after two years of rehabilitation at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Make your online purchases go farther! Elect the Air Commando Foundation as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile Program. When you shop with Amazon be sure to access your Amazon account through www.smile.amazon.com link.