24th Special Operations Wing (24 SOW) Social Media Support Services Specialist
VLinc Corporation is looking for an experienced Social Media Services Support Specialist to support the U.S. Air Force 24 th Special Operations Wing (24 SOW) Public Affairs Office (PAO) at Hurlburt Field in Florida. Work can be done remotely at the contractor’s facility/home.
Provide augmentation of Social Media services subject matter expertise (print and digital media presence initiatives) to the staff of 24 SOW/PAO to coordinate the design, development, and execution of a complex strategic digital media communications plan to include branding, web design and management and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services all in coordination with 24 SOW/PAO and also provide social media and web design support.
- There is no security clearance requirement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years of work experience providing services to clients in social media management, networking, search engine optimization (SEO), Adobe Creative Cloud and Web 2.0 technologies, public affairs or public relations.
- Establish baseline of current Special Tactics Social Media and Internet presence.
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations in use of “Web 2.0” technologies as required. This includes, but not limited to, such technologies as Really Simple Syndication (RSS), podcasts, vodcasts, and provide recommendations for efficient methods for posting content to popular social media sites, graphics design, video editing, and integration of audio, photos, and video into websites with tools for sharing content.
- Respond to phone calls and emails within 2 hours and be prepared to provide status updates of tasked PA projects to 24 SOW/PAO and staff
- Upon 3 day notification, participate in weekly meetings with PAO and/or staff to provide subject matter expertise and provide updates to PA digital media projects. Provide recommendations regarding digital media communication for overall PA communication plans.
- Prepare, evaluate and detail current PAO digital media and web operations.
- Conduct research and develop a 6-month digital media strategic communication plan to be approved by PAO and submit at established intervals.
- Create and disseminate social and digital media content on the 24 SOW official website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat to execute 24SOW’s digital presence with no less than four social media posts a week on each four social media platforms and maintenance of the 24SOW official website to include posting as needed. Direct messages on platforms shall be followed up with a response in a timely manner. Content must be comprised of 1 video/week and all posts must include visual imagery.
- Increase dedicated audience (measured by followers) on each social platform by 10% every four months.
- Provide weekly metrics of 24 SOW digital media.
- Provide monthly status report on tasks, work accomplished and/or significant events.
- Provide search engine optimization (SEO) services for each existing page (at the time of contract execution) of 24 SOW’s website.
- Provide 24 SOW/PAO personnel instruction/advice on SEO techniques of existing web pages no later than two weeks following initial optimization.
- Provide graphics design and video editing support and products for digital media products and posts.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Competence and proficiency in social networking, search engine optimization (SEO) and “Web 2.0” technologies which includes, but is not limited to, technologies such as Really Simple Syndication (RSS), podcasts, sharing tools for posting content to popular social media sites, advanced graphic design and video editing using Adobe Creative Suite products, and integration of audio and video into websites with tools for sharing content virally.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) including preparation and presentation of high-level briefings through the use of MS PowerPoint.