Policy Letter for Ray Bourque Service Scholarship
This scholarship is based on scholastic achievement, financial need and extracurricular activities and interests with special emphasis on applicants who have demonstrated support for veterans and humanitarian community efforts.
- The scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded and the recipient must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Official verification of the recipient’s registration/enrollment from the institution of higher learning must be received by ACA prior to distribution of funds.
- The ACA Treasurer will mail the scholarship check directly to the Financial Aid Office at the school of choice. The Financial Aid Office will be instructed the winner may use the money only for tuition and academic expenses paid through the Financial Aid Office.
- If the winner transfers to another school before using all available funds, the Financial Aid Office may transfer remaining funds to the Financial Aid Office of the school where the student is transferring. The Financial Aid Office must notify ACA of such transfer.
- If the winner ceases to attend classes at the school of choice and does not transfer to another school, the Financial Aid Office will return any moneys remaining in the fund to ACA.
- The $2,000 will be returned to Ray Bourque Scholarship Fund should the winner receive a full scholarship from any source after accepting the ACA Scholarship. ACA considers a full scholarship to be one that covers tuition and on-campus room and board for four years.
- The winner will be notified prior to receiving the award. If the original winner declines acceptance of the scholarship, a subsequent winner will be notified as soon as possible. Failure to respond to ACA within 30 days of notification with acknowledgement of acceptance of the scholarship constitutes a declination of the scholarship.
- Any student planning delayed school enrollment must notify ACA and the scholarship money will be held in the student’s name for eight months after notification. Money not deposited with the student’s school of choice by that time will revert back to the Ray Bourque Scholarship Fund.
Note: This letter is to be retained by the applicant and may be used as an informational reference by universities or institutions receiving funds on behalf of the student(s)