AOCIQT Network Engineer & Administrator – Hurlburt Field, FL
Network Engineers/Administrators will upgrade, integrate, install, configure, test, maintain, dismantle and turn in data/video communication networks – both hardware and software. Operate, maintain, and configure routers, switches, voice systems, VoIP/Video bridges, ITNs, comm racks and closet wiring. Engineers will maintain network encryption devices intended to apply encryption internal to the base campus – i.e., TACLANE’s providing local SIPRNET, and JWICS connectivity. Engineers will perform internal campus network fault notification and management, DNS/DHCP IP administration; install and administration on base campus wireless network devices. Implement network management planning, active network monitoring, Install and administer on base network infrastructure, router/switch preventive maintenance inspections to include IOS upgrades. As well as responsibilities delegated by the AOC System Manager to optimize performance and quality of service to ensure and maintain a 98% uptime and network is available 2-days prior to course execution or as directed.
· CompTIA Security Plus certificate or equivalent
· Must have experience with IT concepts, practices, and procedures as certified IAW DoD 8570.01-M IAT II and industry standards.
· Understand interconnectivity of wireless, fiber optics, coaxial and copper broadband and baseband.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
· Active TS/SCI clearance
· Bachelors degree or higher from a regionally accredited university or college
· Telework will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Unit’s SOPs
· Normal duty hours are 0730-1630, M-F. Duties may be adjusted to meet mission requirements, which could be outside the normal workweek and require extended shifts/and or weekend work.