Special Operations Congressional and Budget Program Analyst
The Hoplite Group is seeking to hire a Legislative and Budget Program Analyst at the Pentagon, to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (OASD SO/LIC) OASD SO/LIC’s responsibilities to provide the overall supervision (including oversight of policy and resources) of special operations activities.
The OSD SOLIC Legislative and Budget Program Analyst will provide SO&IW staff and SOLIC leadership with technical advice on Congress’ support for, interest in, and concerns regarding Special Operations (SO) man, train, equip issues. Provide SO&IW analysis of SO-personnel authorities, related legislative proposals, congressional marks up, and appeals. Provide technical support for development or processing of any SO-related Congressional hearings, reports, briefings and requests for information. Assist in drafting Congressional testimony for Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (ASD SO/LIC) Annual Posture Statement. Provide SO&IW written advice and analysis of USSOCOM Commander’s congressional testimonies, talking points, and engagement plans. Provide technical support to SO&IW liaison to OSD/Legislative Affairs, Congress, and budget meetings. Provide SME technical support, analysis, assist in the review, develop recommendations and edits of President’s Budget (PB) justification exhibits and related briefings. Develop analysis recommendations for the PB strategy briefings and budget rollout for the ASD-SO/LIC. Assist in development, review, and monitoring of reprogramming actions, budget related conferences, and mid-year execution review.
- Minimum 10 years of combined Joint, Interagency, OSD, or Service experience working with the staffs of the House and Senate Services and Appropriations committee
- Minimum 10 years of experience drafting congressional testimony for senior Defense Officials
- Minimum 7 years of experience at the Joint, Interagency, OSD or Services drafting and editing legislation, congressional reports, research, and strategic communications
- Ability to interface with senior level management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Must have at Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study
- Travel may be required, CONUS/OCONUS.
- Normal Duty Hours – Monday-Friday, 0730-1630.
- Mission may require extended shifts or weekend work.
- Alternative Work Location/Telework may be considered on a case-by-case basis.