Maritime / Boat Mechanic Position Open with Hoplite Group
We are pleased to share our Corporate Partner, The Hoplite Group is looking for a Maritime / Boat Mechanic with security clearance. Please read carefully and send resume/CV to https://www.thehoplitegroup.com/contact-us
Required: Active Secret Clearance
The Hoplite Group is seeking a Maritime Maintenance SME to provide maritime maintenance, small engine repair, support boat driver operations for dives, AIE’s and deliberate water jumps, troubleshooting, testing, accountability, and management of the following list of equipment (including any future Maritime equipment added or replaced for training requirements): 35-foot aluminum hull boats with triple 300hp engines, Inflatable Wing boats (filling, folding, patching), 40hp Raider Engines, Amphibious Rescue Craft (ARC), Various size boat trailers
This position’s support provided is pivotal to the successful completion of the Advanced Skills Training (AST) mission, ultimately producing combat-ready Special Tactics operators.
- Provide routine/preventative maintenance and minor repair of watercraft and associated equipment to include large and medium sized boats, rigid-hull 12 inflatable Wing boats, jet ski/wave runners, Raider outboard engines, boat/maritime trailers, hard flotation and safety equipment, and other related maritime items.
- Coordinate with unit’s authorized representative for major repairs or overhauls of watercraft, engines, and equipment. Schedules and conducts required inspections, servicing, and reporting IAW organizational and manufacturer guidelines.
- Conduct, track, and project inventories of all unit watercraft, and associated equipment. Utilized required security and safety practices and procedures to include wearing protective safety equipment and clothing when appropriate.
- Comply with higher headquarters mandated Navy 3M reporting, inspections, and accountability programs.
- Provide boat driver support for unit training when qualified military boat drivers are not otherwise available.
- Utilize required security and safety practices and procedures. Wears protective safety equipment and clothing when appropriate and required.
Education Requirements & Certifications
- High School Diploma, plus experience commensurate with performance of required duties.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a boat & engines repair mechanic.
- Be physically able to operate unit’s Amphibious fleet
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Hurlburt Field, FL 32544: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Repairing boats/engines: 5 years (Required)
Security clearance: Secret (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Now ACA members who are current on their dues and have an email on file with us can update their membership profile, view the members only photo gallery, search the member directory, and read the air commando adventures
Partner of the Month
Elbit Systems of America, LLC is a U.S.-based wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd., a leading global source of innovative, technology based systems for diverse defense and commercial applications…. Visit our website!