OSD and Special Operations Plans and Strategies Analyst
The Hoplite Group is seeking to hire an OSD Plans and Strategies Analysis support services member at the Pentagon, to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (OASD SO/LIC) OASD SO/LIC’s responsibilities to provide the overall supervision (including oversight of policy and resources) of special operations activities.
The OSD SOLIC Plans and Strategies Analysis support services member will provide SME analysis and advice within ASD SO/LIC for Departmental campaign planning and strategy. Staff, coordinate, and further develop strategies, concepts, campaign plans, and orders related to USSOCOM and special operations, in support of the Office of Secretary of Defense, Policy. Staff, coordinate, and further develop posture plans, in support of campaign plans related to USSOCOM and special operations, in support of the Office of Secretary of Defense, Policy. Support ASD(SO/LIC) integration into future operations, crisis action and compartmented contingency planning to inform senior leader decision-making and support combatant command special operation planning requirements. Lead and facilitate OASD(SO/LIC) integration with USSOCOM global synchronization of DOD trans-regional combating terrorism and countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) efforts from design and implementation through assessment of planning efforts and synchronization venues. Liaison and coordination among all participants during deliberate and crisis action planning and the execution of a crisis action team (CAT). Facilitate OASD(SO/LIC) integration into functional working groups from other agencies/departments, and the Joint Staff. Facilitate OASD(SO/LIC) integration with operational planning requirements through Joint Staff management practices and procedures. Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or conferences related to contingency and operations plans, emerging special operations opportunities and other initiatives. Analyze DoD and combatant commands operations, plans, and strategies for Special Operations equities and integration. Facilitate and support OASD(SO/LIC) integration into detailed planning, research, and analysis for deliberate and contingency planning working groups related to counterterrorism (CT), counter weapons of mass destruction (CWMD), counter-narcotics (CN) and other special operations activities. Facilitate and lead OASD(SO/LIC) integration with USSOCOM’s “Coordinating Authority” responsibility in support of the National Military Strategic Plan to Counter Trans-regional Terrorist Organizations.
- Minimum 10 years of combined OSD, Joint Staff, USSOCOM, or Service level policy, programs, and force management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of combined Joint, Combined, Interagency, and Regional experience working military operations, to include strategic and operational levels in joint, combined, and interagency environments
- Minimum 4 years of experience in deliberate and crisis action planning at the operational or strategic level to include expert knowledge of the Joint Operational Plans and Execution System procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading or participating in integrated process teams or joint planning groups at the operational or strategic levels.
- Ability to interface with senior level management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Must have at Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study
- Graduate of Senior Service College or equivalent Senior Service Fellowship Program
- Graduate of Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS), Maritime Advanced Warfighting School (MAWS), School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW), or equivalent.
- Travel may be required, CONUS/OCONUS.
- Normal Duty Hours – Monday-Friday, 0730-1630.
- Mission may require extended shifts or weekend work.
- Alternative Work Location/Telework may be considered on a case-by-case basis.