Special Operations Aviation Analyst
The Hoplite Group is seeking to hire a Aviation Analysis Support Services member at the Pentagon, to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (OASD SO/LIC) OASD SO/LIC’s responsibilities to provide the overall supervision (including oversight of policy and resources) of special operations activities.
The OSD SOLIC Aviation Analysis Support Services member will provide SO&IW staff with technical advice and analysis of SO maritime capabilities support and requirements in the OSD Planning, Programming and Budget processes and Joint Staff Requirement process resulting in OSD Program Decision Memorandum (PDM) and Program Budget Decision (PBD). Provide SO Aviation SME technical support to SO&IW representative at CAPE issue team meetings to resolve Program Objective Memorandum (POM) decisions. Provide SO&IW staff and SO/LIC leadership with technical advice on SO aviation capabilities, plans, and funding to support the drafting and development of materials needed for Department and Interagency meetings and requests from Department leadership. Provide SO&IW SO aviation analysis of USSOCOM’s Capability Planning Guidance (CPG) and Program Planning Instruction for compliance with OSD policy and priorities. Provide SO&IW analysis of USSOCOM’s POM, specifically aviation programs and, when appropriate, identify and write issue papers addressing disconnects between USSOCOM and other Services POMs related to SO aviation programs and capabilities. Provide SO&IW an analysis of USSOCOM’s SO aviation programs in POM baseline including program milestones, fielding plans, roadmaps, budgets, and execution status. Provide SO&IW an analysis of USSOCOM’s compliance with OSD priorities for SO aviation and ISR programs following USSOCOM Integrated Process Team –building POM. Provide written advice and recommendations to SO&IW representative for Functional Capabilities Board and weekly Working Group meetings, attending as necessary to maintain situational awareness and make recommendations, as required, on topics, requirements, and gaps that have SO aviation equities. Provide analysis of USSOCOM’s SOF aviation capabilities, for material acquisition, modernization, and force development programs compliance with OSD policies. Provide technical assistance on SO aviation programs for congressional reports, directed studies, briefings, GAO reviews, and DoD IG audits. Provide written technical analysis and support to ASD (SO/LIC)’s representative at SOF aviation related conferences. Provide SO aviation technical analysis and support to ASD (SO/LIC) representative at the Special Operation Policy Oversight Committee. SME duties include monitoring SOF aviation issues in debate by Congress and having detailed knowledge of any SOF aviation issues requiring Congressional reports such as, mobility, light attack/armed reconnaissance, ISR, or Aviation Foreign Internal Defense (AvFID).
- Minimum 4 years of combined Joint, OSD, or Service level aviation policies, programs, OSD program budget review and force management experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with USSOCOM Strategic Planning Process or Service force management process.
- Ability to interface with senior level management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Must have at Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study
- Travel may be required, CONUS/OCONUS.
- Normal Duty Hours – Monday-Friday, 0730-1630.
- Mission may require extended shifts or weekend work.
- Alternative Work Location/Telework may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
APPLY HERE: Special Operations Aviation Analyst