Lt Col Dave Krebs High Flight Scholarship: $4,000
Receive a one time four thousand dollar Scholarship. Targeted at students who are committed to pursuing a career in aviation, specifically pilot training. This scholarship is open to senior high school students who are in good standing of the AFJROTC or CAPS. This scholarship is competitive in nature and judged by a committee of ACA members who have no relationship to the candidates. Deadline for this scholarship each year is 30 March, the winner will be announced on 30 April.
or you may obtain a hard copy by calling the office at 850-581-0099. A paper copy of the completed application, along with required items must be mailed to the ACA office.
Ray Bourque Service Scholarship: $2,000
Open to senior high school students of the AFJROTC or CAPS who are in good standing and who have demonstrated support for veterans groups and humanitarian community efforts. Ray Bourque is unsurpassed in volunteering his time not only to a host of ACA efforts, but veteran and humanitarian programs throughout the community. Ray epitomizes the Air Commando ethos of the Quiet Professional. This scholarship is competitive in nature and judged by a committee of ACA members who have no relationship to the candidates. Deadline for this scholarship each year is 30 March, the winner will be announced on 30 April.
Charles Hicks Air Commando Scholarship: $1,500
The ACA awards four individual Charles Hicks scholarships of $1,500 each. The scholarships will be awarded at the general membership meeting held during the ACA annual convention in October each year. The Board of Directors will randomly select the winners from the eligible candidates submitted by the membership.
Scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must be the child (natural, adopted, or step), grandchild, or great grandchild of an Association member in good standing.
- The Candidate must be accepted to or enrolled in an accredited higher education institution, college, or university.
- He or she must be less than 24 years of age at the end of October of that same year, and not be enrolled in a graduate-level program.
- Candidates may not be a member of this Association, on active duty, attending a Service Academy, or on full scholarship to a college or university.
- Eligible candidates may receive this scholarship only once.
Closeout for these scholarships applications is September 30th of every year.
Only the Charles Hicks applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mail printed copy to:
Air Commando Association
P.O. Box 7
Mary Esther, FL 32569