Special Operations Sensitive Activities and Compartmented Program Analyst
The Hoplite Group is seeking to hire an SA & Compartmented Program Analysis support services member at the Pentagon, to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (OASD SO/LIC) OASD SO/LIC’s responsibilities to provide the overall supervision (including oversight of policy and resources) of special operations activities.
The OSD SOLIC SA & Compartmented Program Analysis support services member will provide specialized sensitive activity and SAP operations expertise and advice to ASD/SOLIC and SOLIC/SO&CT staff and leadership. Provide policy analysis and subject matter expertise in support of DOD sensitive activity capabilities, plans, requirements program, budget and execution. Support ASD/SOLIC sensitive activity and SAP program reporting requirements by writing, editing, reviewing and fact-checking congressional and other reports including, but not limited to, SAP annual reports, Clandestine Quarterly report inputs, GAO audits and Departmental responses to them, and IG reports and Departmental responses to them. Such support will also include episodic or issue-specific reports arising from program activity. Provide subject matter expertise in support of SOLIC/SO&CT i to establish and/or refine, implement and monitor compliance with policy, governance and implementation documents for maritime, aviation and terrestrial SAs and programs being conducted or planned by SOF. Such documents will typically include program or organizational charters, contracts, Execute Orders, Planning Orders, Concepts of Operation, and Deployment Orders. Conceptualize, research, organize and produce briefing materials related to SOF SAs for presentation to or use by DoD staff and leadership during intra and inter-departmental engagements such as USSOCOM and GCC sensitive activity conferences, meetings, hearings and other fora and, in particular, meetings of the Special Operations Policy Oversight Council in which SOF SAs or programs are under discussion. Monitor and assess the execution of SOF SAs and programs to proactively identify, characterize and report to SOLIC/SO&CT staff and leadership, weaknesses, vulnerabilities and risks that could lead to program failure or exposure, significant policy repercussions, or embarrassment to the United States, the Department of Defense or our partners. Recommend mitigation measures or alternative courses of action to eliminate or minimize such risks, consistent with mission accomplishment. Provide experience-based, value-added operational perspective to senior policy decisions makers on SOF sensitive activities and ensure coordination with policy, legal and operational counterparts. Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or large meetings related to contingency and operations plans, emerging special operations opportunities and other initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years of combined OSD and/or Service staff experience working SOF-related sensitive and special access program operations and policies. A combination of experience in both the maritime and aviation environment is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with and extensive knowledge of USSOCOM special mission units.
- Ability to interface with senior level management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and advice
- Experience with and knowledge of contracting oversight in a sensitive activities context is highly desirable, though such knowledge and experience do not have to have been obtained in a Contracting Officers Representative or similar role.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Must have at Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study
- Travel may be required, CONUS/OCONUS.
- Normal Duty Hours – Monday-Friday, 0730-1630.
- Mission may require extended shifts or weekend work.
- Alternative Work Location/Telework may be considered on a case-by-case basis.